Saturday, May 21, 2011

A Self-Made Man: "Badlands" and The Legend of Kit Carruthers

Here's an article I wrote on behalf of Hope Lies for Cinemezzo about Terrence Malick's Badlands, part of a cross-blog project in which different writers each tackle on one of Malick's four feature films to date, culminating with a review of his latest, The Tree of Life, when it opens in the U.S. next week.

I was originally meant to write about The New World, Malick's fourth film, which I was looking forward to because it would finally give me an excuse to watch it, but the original writer of the Badlands piece had other engagements which meant that The New World suited his schedule more. It worked out well, I think, since Badlands is a film I really love, and getting to write about it in detail was a real treat.

ShareThis